St. Luke Blood Drive
Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus
Sunday, February 11, 8 AM - 1 PM, St. Luke Cafeteria
WE NEED YOU! The Indiana Blood Center is in dire need of blood. This winter season has been an especially hard time for donations for reasons we can all understand:
- The IBC relies heavily on high school blood drives. Many were cancelled when schools closed due to severe weather.
- Individual donations are down with the weather keeping donors homebound.
- The flu has been a major cause in eliminating eligible donors.
You can help. February is Random Acts of Kindness month at the Indiana Blood Center. By donating, you will be providing an essential act of kindness to people you will never meet who are in harm's way.
Some interesting facts:
- Each day the blood bank needs 500 donated units of blood to insure a 3 day supply.
- Donating 1 unit of blood burns 650 calories, more than a 30 minute run.
- 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives.
- Studies have shown that donating blood can help in lowering cancer, heart and liver ailments.
So, roll up that sleeve, and give...it may mean a lifetime for someone in need.